DW Daniel HS opened in 1955 with the consolidation of 3 high schools. It is conveniently located about 4.6 miles north of downtown Clemson/Clemson University on a 50+ acre site. DHS offers a broad curriculum with over a dozen Advance Placement Courses. A strong professional staff (80% hold advanced degree) helped to place student SAT and ACT above state & national averages.
The 2012 school year began on August 21st. The classes opened in the newly constructed Daniel High School located on the same site as the old High School. The old High School was removed in 2012.
The new Daniel High School includes that latest in classroom technology providing an excellent school environment for the students educational, technical and cultural development. The grounds also include new facilities for all of the schools athletic programs.
In 2012, Daniel High School also received the distinction of being ranked as the top traditional public high school in SC by U.S. News and World Report.